Monday 12 July 2010

Automatic E-Choke Unit Pulse Zoom 125 HT125T-21 Scooter

I've owned my Chinese Scooter for nearly 2 years, (it is only 2.5 years old now), and I have to say that my scooter HAS been reliable, safe, and fun!
I paid just over £300, and have regularly maintained it, with oil changes, a belt change, some bulbs, and tyre valves, all of which I have done myself.

I have had to purchase some tools to make these things possible, maybe over the last 2 years , I've spent £80 on tools. I have used it on a daily basis to cover a 20 mile round trip to work, and I have never had a problem with it not starting.

It IS critical to change the oil on a regular basis, AND to check DAILY the brakes, bulbs, bolts etc, but these checks can be done in a systematic method, and be completed within about 5 minutes.

My scooter was supplied by a dealer in Somerset, and the pre-delivery inspection, and bolt tightening, was done by them. I would not have purchased a 'crate' bike, as my expertise in building them is insufficient.

There is a great source of information and advice on a forum called chinese scooter club .co . uk, it's worth looking at!

It's well worth considering a chinese scooter as a means of transport, because the costs ARE cheaper. BUT LIKE ANY PURCHASE.....do some research, reveiw your own ability to maintain such things, and think carefully about the alteranatives.

Safety has to be the prime importance here, and chinese scoots can be as safe as any other 2 wheel machine - Be happy, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment