Thursday 22 July 2010

false age of caravan

Drove for 1 1/2 hours to view Abi Jubilee Statesman caravan. Described as Stolen / Recovered,no damage and a 1997 model and is still being sold. BE WARNED.No proof of ownership, no documents except a caravan council certificate with the caravan vin number (if this is the correct term for the number). However not much good when you cannot find the plate which identifies the caravan. Normally found inside / /outside caravan door, but no sign of one and carpet stuck down in doorway. Number on certificate told me its a 1994 caravan not 1997. (my grateful thanks to The Carvan Club for telling me what to check), Checked date fire was made and guss what, anywhere between 1993 to1995,deffinatly not 1997 van. Did he say no damage. I must need glasses. Admittedly not mega damage but........ chunk taken out of front right trim on caravan plus other damage to same, Aframe cracked / marked, locks broken / missing, some cracks on windows and talking of windows, one has no catch fittings at all and is secured with a black plate screwed in to stop window opening.Some possible what I would consider as wear and tear problemsie.broken plastic trims in washroom, seat cover needing repair, dent in kitchen worktop, missing curtain tie backs, some blinds do not work properly, flip over small table marked (may come off), but the most obvious was the caravandoor, which notonly had a broken window covered over with black tape to hide it BUT DOESNT EVEN BELONG TO THE VAN. Am I missing something ....no damage????? The seller told me he would take it off ebay and advertise it correctly. He hasn't. No suprise. It has 1 day and 5/6 hours to go. As I'm new to ebay I cannot leave a warning on his site,but I have repored it to ebay, but its still for sale. BE WARNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment