Wednesday 26 August 2009

MP3/MP4 player 'all is not what it seems.....'

So you want an Ipod? Well, there are those nice little
Chinese versions that are a fraction of the price. I even thought of buying a
job lot of them myself and selling them on ebay. So I bought one, seemed OK, it
all worked, left my positive feedback and then I started to have some
difficulties. It stopped playing its own video file format 'AMV' apparently
there was a 'format error'. I was not going to let a 7mm-in-depth fake
Ipod beat me, so I battled into the small hours to formulate a solution. To my
dismay, 2 hours later, I had no solution, it was 1am, work the next day - I
went to bed.Having returned home from work the next day, my mission begun again; I thought
that formatting the unit may solve the problem, I had tried a hundred versions
of its own utility software, attempted many different variations of original
file formats - nothing. But then I cracked it, and in doing so I unveiled the
dirty little lie they tell you to convince you it's a good buy! I paid for a
4GB unit, on first view that's just what it was, 4GB, it showed up so on my PC,
must be correct? When I attempted to format the unit with its own utility it
didn't work - 'Unsupported Disk Type', or 'Not Supporting Disk Type'. Odd, because
this was the software they supplied me. Windows wouldn't let me format it
either, odd indeed. So I settled for attempting to create an 'Encrypted Disk
Partition'. I made a partition of 64MB, it did as I asked, however after that
Windows no longer showed me a capacity of anything near 4BG, but something
nearer 2GB. Very convenient how its own software couldn't format it,
suspicious? Well, I removed the partition, 0MB and guess what, 2GB was the
capacity. I formatted via Windows disk tools, 2GB. Of course now all the
problems were resolved, AMVs play a dream, the only problem, I bought and paid
for a 4GB unit, the capacity had been FALSIFIED, and this FALSIFICATION was
causing the errors.

Orignal From: MP3/MP4 player 'all is not what it seems.....'

No comments:

Post a Comment